If you are an avid video game player, then you might want to get dark mode on your PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch. No matter which gaming console you have, you can enable the dark mode. Here’s how you can get dark mode on your gaming console.
Enabling Dark Mode on PS4
Sony’s PS4 does not come with an inbuilt dark mode. However, users can personalize their theme to get the look and feel that the dark mode offers.
- Firstly, go to Settings located on the upper navigation bar.
- After that, find Themes and visit that section.
- Select the Default option located in the section.
- This will allow you to make changes to the color of the background. Hence in case you are looking for an easy trick to darken your console’s interface, then just choose the black colored background.
In case you are not satisfied with it, then you can simply get a customized theme. To get the theme, visit the PlayStation Store and select a theme that you find suitable. In the Themes menu, you will see a link that will directly bring you to the place where you can look for themes, free or paid.
Enabling Dark Mode on Xbox One
Xbox comes with several strong theme choices. You can change the OS’ interface color, and also add minor tweaks such as Achievement blips.
- For getting started, you need to press the Xbox button from the controller.
- From the menu that pops up, choose the option for Settings.
- Now, you need to choose Personalization.
- Select Theme and motion from the list of options.
This will allow you to change to the dark theme. You can also select the option for making your Xbox One change between the light mode and the dark mode depending on a particular time, or according to sunrise and sunset.
In case you wish to synchronize the tiles color and its surrounding accent, then visit the Personalization menu. After that, select my color and background. Lastly, choose My color and make the changes as per your preference.
Enabling Dark Mode on Nintendo Switch
While Nintendo Switch’s interface is set to white by default, you can easily change it to black. When you change its background, the theme will apply to a significant part of the UI, save for a couple of stuff such as eShop and NES application.
- First, you need to visit the System Settings. The Settings button is present at the bottom of the primary menu.
- Now, you need to scroll down to the Themes section.
- Enable the option called Basic.
- Now, choose the Black option for activating dark mode on your Nintendo Switch.
Joey Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines and blogs.